Saturday, June 21, 2014
Grilled Corn Salad
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
8 ears corn (with husks)
4 TB butter, softened
2 TB snipped fresh rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 red bell peppers, stemmed. seeded & halved
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 small head green leaf lettuce leaves
1. For dressing, in lidded container combine olive oil, lemon juice, W. sauce, garlic, 1/2 tsp pepper, & 1/4 tsp salt. Stir & cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Combine rosemary & remaining salt/pepper in small bowl.
3. Peel back husks & remove silks. Spread butter over corn. Sprinkle with rosemary mixture. Fold husks back around corn & tie with stripe of husk.
Option: remove husks and wrap in foil. During last few minutes of grilling, remove foil & place directly on grill until slightly charred.
4. Grill corn 25-30 minutes, turning once. Add red peppers to grill during the last 8-10 minutes of grilling, turning often. Cut peppers into bite-sized pieces.
5. Cut kernels from cobs into large bowl. Stir in red peppers, cheese, and dressing. Serve over a bed of lettuce leaves.