Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Makes about 20 crepes
Filling: (Source = heavenlyhomemakers.com)
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Crepes: (Source: Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant)
3 large eggs
3 cups water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
lots of butter or coconut oil for frying
fresh chopped fruit, fruit preserves, or maple syrup
1. In food processor, puree batter ingredients until smooth (if needed, adjust with water until it is of thin consistency). Heat a buttered 8-inch frying pan until it is hot enough that the pancake forms immediately when the batter is poured. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour 3 TB batter at a time; pour into pan while tilting the pan to quickly to spread the batter thin. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip over for 10-20 seconds more, & turn out onto a flat plate to cool. Repeat until all batter is used, adding butter to the pan after each crepe.
2. Place a little filling down the center of each crepe, roll up (like a burrito), and serve with toppings!
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Source: Pampered Chef
2 TB cornstarch
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 1/2 TB ginger
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 TB tamari
2 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
oil for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
1/3 cup crushed peanuts
cooked brown rice for serving
1. Place cornstarch in mixing bowl. Add a little milk to dissolve, then add remaining milk, ginger, peanut butter, & tamari. Set aside.
2. Using veggie strip maker, grate carrots, squash, & zucchini into long strips ("noodles"). Place in large bowl & mix in red pepper & edamame.
3. Heat oil in large skillet; add garlic & saute until fragrant. Whisk in coconut sauce & heat until thickened.
4. Add veggie mixture to skillet; toss well to coat. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies begin to softened & mixture is heated through.
5. Serve over rice with basil & peanuts.
Friday, March 18, 2016
Source: Lisa Pastor
Makes 8-12 servings
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
2 small red bell peppers, chopped
3 TB minced garlic
3 cups parboiled brown rice
1 cup tomato sauce
6 cups vegetable broth
2.5 cups green beans
3 packets Paellero seasoning (I ordered on Amazon-- well worth it!)
salt, pepper, & paprika to taste
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
1 cup peas
lemon wedges (optional)
1. Turn large skillet to high heat & add olive oil. Fry onions & bell pepper until softened & fragrant. Add garlic & cook 2-3 minutes more.
2. Add rice & fry 5 minutes (stirring occasionally). Add tomato sauce & stir together to make a tasty paste.
3. Stir in broth, green beans, & seasoning packets. Add more seasonings to taste, if needed. Bring to a boil, then cover & simmer 15 minutes(don't stir).
4. Sprinkle garbanzo beans & peas on top; cover & simmer 10-15 minutes more. Sprinkle with lemon juice & enjoy!
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Idea from thebrightbird.com
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1 cup vegan yogurt (unsweetened) or cashew cream*
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt