Saturday, March 19, 2016
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Source: Pampered Chef
2 TB cornstarch
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 1/2 TB ginger
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 TB tamari
2 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
oil for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
1/3 cup crushed peanuts
cooked brown rice for serving
1. Place cornstarch in mixing bowl. Add a little milk to dissolve, then add remaining milk, ginger, peanut butter, & tamari. Set aside.
2. Using veggie strip maker, grate carrots, squash, & zucchini into long strips ("noodles"). Place in large bowl & mix in red pepper & edamame.
3. Heat oil in large skillet; add garlic & saute until fragrant. Whisk in coconut sauce & heat until thickened.
4. Add veggie mixture to skillet; toss well to coat. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies begin to softened & mixture is heated through.
5. Serve over rice with basil & peanuts.