Saturday, March 9, 2013
Source: New Moosewood Cookbook
1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375. Combine the strawberries & rhubarb in oiled 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients; spread over the top of the fruit & pat firmly into place.
3. Bake uncovered 35 minutes, or until top is browned and fruit starts to bubble.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Source: Vegetarian Times
Makes 8-10 crepes
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 TB plain Greek yogurt, plus extra to top
1/4 cup plus 1 TB pure maple syrup
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup flour
12 oz. package frozen berries, thawed
OR 3 cups fresh
1. Place eggs, milk, 1 1/2 TB yogurt, & 1 TB maple syrup in food processor; blend. Add chickpeas & flour; blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl & let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place 1 cup berries in food processor with 1/4 cup maple syrup; blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl & stir in remaining 2 cups berries (chop if necessary).
3. Heat 9 inch skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Pour in 1/4 cup batter, quickly tilting skillet to completely coat bottom. Cook about 2 minutes or until edges are browned; flip & cook a few seconds more. Slide crepe onto plate.Repeat process with remaining batter.
4. To serve, place crepe on serving plate & spoon berry sauce in middle; fold in half & top with yogurt.
Monday, March 4, 2013
Source: Pampered Chef (modified by Aimee)
Makes 8 servings
1 TB oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cans diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
1/2 tsp pepper
24 oz. small frozen cheese ravioli
1/3 cup cream
4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add jalapeno, garlic, & onion and saute until fragrant (1-3 minutes).
2. Stir in tomatoes & pepper; heat through until mixture simmers. Add ravioli & stir to coat; simmer 10 minutes or until heated through & tender.
3. Stir cream into skillet; cook 1-2 minutes until mixture simmers again. Stir in spinach & heat until just wilted. Serve hot.