Saturday, June 21, 2014
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
8 ears corn (with husks)
4 TB butter, softened
2 TB snipped fresh rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 red bell peppers, stemmed. seeded & halved
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 small head green leaf lettuce leaves
1. For dressing, in lidded container combine olive oil, lemon juice, W. sauce, garlic, 1/2 tsp pepper, & 1/4 tsp salt. Stir & cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Combine rosemary & remaining salt/pepper in small bowl.
3. Peel back husks & remove silks. Spread butter over corn. Sprinkle with rosemary mixture. Fold husks back around corn & tie with stripe of husk.
Option: remove husks and wrap in foil. During last few minutes of grilling, remove foil & place directly on grill until slightly charred.
4. Grill corn 25-30 minutes, turning once. Add red peppers to grill during the last 8-10 minutes of grilling, turning often. Cut peppers into bite-sized pieces.
5. Cut kernels from cobs into large bowl. Stir in red peppers, cheese, and dressing. Serve over a bed of lettuce leaves.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Makes 8-12 servings
3/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 cups quinoa (uncooked)
3 1/2 cups water
vegetable boullion cube
1 small red onion, cut into chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
2 summer squash, cut into chunks
salt & pepper to taste
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
4 oz. feta, crumbled
1. Heat 1 TB olive oil in large pot. Add quinoa & toast 2-3 minutes. Add water & cube; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer 15 minutes. Let cool a little.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill. Place onion, zucchini, & squash in large bowl & toss with 3 TB olive oil, salt & pepper. Place in large grill basket & cook until nicely grill-marked & tender. Add to quinoa with tomatoes & toss gently.
3. In small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil & lemon juice. Add to quinoa mixture with basil, mint, & feta. Toss gently to coat.