Saturday, July 25, 2009
1 cup grated parmesan
1 cup mayonnaise
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350 or plug in small slow cooker.
2. Whisk together parmesan, mayo, cream cheese, & peppers in medium bowl; stir in spinach & artichokes.
3. Spoon into oiled 8 x 8 baking dish; bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned OR spoon into small slow cooker & heat through, stirring often.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Source: All About Vegetarian Cooking (slightly modified by Aimee)
1 frozen deep dish (9 inch) pie crust, unthawed
4-5 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
4 oz. goat cheese crumbles
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
optional: 1 cup shredded cheese to top
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spread diced tomatoes in pie crust.
2. In bowl mix together goat cheese, cream, milk, eggs, & spices; pour over tomatoes.
3. Bake 40 minutes uncovered, then 20 minutes covered with foil. Top with optional cheese & bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes & serve.