Monday, June 12, 2017
Source: Sandy's Kitchen
4 cups cauliflower in bite size pieces
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
3 tbs of yellow mustard
3 tbs of chopped dill pickle
1/8 cup of chopped onion (uncooked)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Steam cauliflower until tender; let cool completely.
2. Peel eggs, rinse and separate yolks into a bowl. Then mash the yolk and cut the whites into small bite size pieces then blend together.
3. Mix all together and enjoy!
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Makes 8 servings (slightly modified by Aimee)
12 oz. macaroni
1 cup quinoa
4 TB butter
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. In large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain & return to pot.
2. Place quinoa in medium saucepan with 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let cool a little and stir into macaroni.
3. Melt butter in small saucepan. Whisk in flour. Gradually whisk in milk and cook until thickened. Stir into macaroni mixture along with cheddar & Jack cheeses.
4. Transfer to oiled 13 x 9 pan and top with parmesan & panko. Broil over high heat until browned; serve.
3 cups finely chopped kale, packed
3 TB slivered almonds
1 large apple (such as Gala), finely diced
2 oz. sharp white cheddar, finely diced
2 TB lemon juice
5 TB olive oil
3 TB grated Parmesan
salt & pepper to taste
Combine kale, almonds, apple, & cheddar in large bowl. Whisk together lemon juice & olive oil; add to the salad & toss well. Top with Parmesan and serve immediately.