Sunday, April 2, 2017
Pasta Shells with Egg, Beet & Arugula Salad
Source: Vegetarian Times
16 jumbo pasta shells
1 large golden beet
3 TB mayo
2 TB white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
1 TB olive oil
1 1/2 cups baby arugula, coarsely chopped
1. Cook shells according to package directions (I cook the whole box and save leftovers to serve with pasta sauce).
2. Peel beet and finely dice (you will need about 3/4 cup). Steam until just tender, about 15 minutes.
3. In large bowl, whisk together mayo, 1 TB vinegar, & mustard powder. Fold in eggs & cooked beet.
4. Whisk remaining 1 TB vinegar & oil in separate bowl. Add arugula & toss until slightly wilted. Fold into egg salad.
5. Spoon egg salad into shells & serve.