Monday, August 25, 2014
Indonesian Mixed Vegetable Platter with Peanut Sauce
Source: Vegetarian Times
1 TB oil
2 TB tamari
2 packs tempeh (8 oz. each)
2 cups diced red potatoes
1 cup cut green beans
2 cups cauliflower florets
3 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
1 cucumber, diced
1 cup mung bean sprouts
3/4 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 TB lime juice
2 TB tamari
2 TB maple syrup
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp sriracha (plus more for serving)
1 package brown rice noodles (optional)
1/2 cup crushed peanuts to top (optional)
1. Cook optional brown rice noodles according to package directions; set aside.
2. Heat oil & 2 TB tamari in skillet; add tempeh & saute 3-5 minutes until golden & crisp on most sides. Transfer to bowl & set aside.
3. Place potatoes in pot with enough water to just cover them. Bring to boil & cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain & transfer to bowl.
4. Steam green beans & cauliflower (place on separate sides of large pot) until crisp-tender. Remove from pot & arrange on a platter or in 2 separate bowls.
5. Place tomatoes, cucumber, & spouts on a platter or in separate bowls.
6. Meanwhile, make sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
7. Serve vegetables & tempeh over rice noodles if desired; top with peanut sauce & crushed peanuts.