Saturday, February 22, 2014
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Caramelized Onions, & Goat Cheese
Source: Clean Eating
2 TB olive oil
4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 3/4 inch chunks
1/2 tsp salt
4 TB orange juice, divided
1 TB honey
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp ground thyme
3 TB panko bread crumbs
3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425. In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 1 TB olive oil and salt. Divide among 2 baking sheets, and roast 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine 2 TB orange juice and honey in small bowl.
3. Remove potatoes from oven and drizzle with OJ mixture. Toss to coat and spread potatoes in single layer. Return sheets to oven and roast 8 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 1 TB olive oil in large skillet. Add onions & cook 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and caramelized.
5. Reduce oven temp to 375. In 13 x 9 dish, gently combine sweet potatoes with 2 TB OJ and thyme. Layer onions, panko, and cheese over the top. Bake 25 minutes.