Monday, January 16, 2017
6 Vegetable Soup
Source: Oh She Glows Every Day
2 TB olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups chopped carrots
5 cups (packed) broccoli florets
1 small sweet potato, peeled & diced (about 2 cups)
6 cups vegetable broth
6 TB nutritional yeast
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp white wine vinegar
toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), for serving
2-3 slices thick, hearty bread
3-4 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1. Heat oil in large pot; saute onion & garlic until fragrant. Add celery, carrots, broccoli, & sweet potato and saute 5 minutes more.
2. Add broth & bring to low boil. Cover & simmer 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Cool slightly.
3. Transfer soup to blender & puree with nutritional yeast (in batches if necessary). Transfer soup back to pot and season with salt & pepper, and vinegar.
4. Meanwhile make croutons: Preheat oven to 400. Slice bread into cubes and toss with oil & salt. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes until golden.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with croutons and pepitas.