Thursday, January 12, 2017
Black Bean-Sweet Potato Burgers
Source: Oh She Glows Every Day
Makes about 12 patties
1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (4 cups diced)
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
2/3 cup finely chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (14 oz each) black beans, drained & rinsed
2 TB spice mix
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
2 TB flour
1. Peel, dice, & cook sweet potatoes until soft. Transfer to large bowl & mash lightly.
2. Preheat oven to 375. Toast walnuts in large skillet & add to bowl.
3. Heat oil in same skillet & saute onion & garlic; add to bowl.
4. Pulse beans in food processor until lightly processed; add to bowl.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients. Shape mixture into patties and place on oiled baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, flip & bake 10-15 minutes more.