Sunday, September 8, 2013
Source: Clean Eating
6 TB fruit preserves (no sugar added)
36 fresh raspberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. goat cheese crumbles
3 TB honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp grated lemon zest
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1. Prepare cheesecake filling: In a food processor, blend cream cheese, goat cheese, honey, & vanilla. Spoons mixture into a piping bag. (Alternatively, use a small plastic sandwich bag with a small piece snipped off one corner). Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare lemon shortbread: in large bowl, combine flour & lemon zest. Cut in butter & stir in honey until well blended and a dough is formed.
3. Form dough into 36 tablespoon-size balls. Place balls in cups of oiled mini-muffin pans. Use the back of a teaspoon to press each ball onto bottom and partway up side of each cup (wet the back of the teaspoon if dough sticks).
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden and firm. Use the back of a teaspoon to press downthe middle of each tartlet again. Let cool 5 minutes; remove tartlets from pans and cool 20 minutes more.
5. Spoon 1/2 tsp fruit preserves into each cup. Pipe about 1 1/2 tsp cheesecake filling into each tartlet, topping each with a raspberry (press a little into the filling).
Make cookies with any extra dough: place tablespoon-fuls on oiled baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes!