Monday, March 17, 2008
Aimee's Quinoa Lasagna
Makes 6-8 servings
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 TB olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans tomato sauce (8 oz. each)
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tsp oregano
15 oz. ricotta
½ cup grated parmesan
1 tsp basil
optional: 2 cups chopped veggies
1. Bring quinoa & 1 3/4 cups water to a boil; reduce heat, cover & simmer 15 minutes until water is absorbed; set aside in large bowl to cool a little.
2. Preheat oven to 350; saute onion & garlic in olive oil; stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, & oregano; simmer
3. Meanwhile, add ricotta, parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, & basil to quinoa; mix well.
4. In oiled 13x 9 baking dish, spread ½ quinoa mixture in bottom, pressing down to form a firm layer; spread 1/2 chopped veggies (optional) and 1/2 tomato mixture on top; repeat layers. Top with 1 cup mozzarella.
5. Bake 30 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered.